or on how to lead your life.
Some of Randy’s quotes:
- Brick walls are there for a reason; they let us prove how badly we want things
- When you’re screwing up and nobody’s saying anything to you anymore, that means they gave up on you
- Experience is what you get when you didn’t get what you wanted
- Don’t complain, work harder
- Be good at something, it makes you valuable
- Work hard (the secret to success)
- Find the best in everybody, no matter how long you have to wait for them to show
- Be prepared, luck is where preparation meets opportunity
- If you lead your life the right way the karma will take care of itself. The dreams will come to you
Pens, objects used as percussion and voice – that’s playground.
I never realised that the limitations of food transportation and supply were also relevant factors on how big a city could become a few hundred years ago! The talk had been presented in 2009, but it hasn’t lost actuality.
I will start to have a closer look at street names and I find it an interesting idea to imagine the past while wandering around at my next city trip!
I sooo much appreciate that we have our local markets here in Zurich! Check out the markets on Tuesday and Friday either at Helvetiaplatz or Bürkliplatz. Check the entire list of markets
I will get some organic and eatable roses and fuchsia for my next cake project this Friday. I saw them on the Swiss television at the show called Aescherbacher.
For great meat, consider buying Galloway Beef from the Döltschihof. Which is literally just up the hill from my home! Or a bit further way the Wendelin Hof for Angus Beef.
Inspiration source: Found the ted talk on the Swiss blog called delicioustaste. Thought it is an enlightening TED presentation and enhanced it with some more (local) ideas.